2011年1月27日星期四

Imagine if I wanted to take a risk on a series for which I couldn't be bothered to pay full price

Imagine if I wanted to take a risk on a series for which I couldn't be bothered to pay full price. This is the traditional comic reader's dangerous delight. We scoot to the side aisles of a comics shop and dig into the back issue bins, hoping to find old comics that might be worth a risk for a buck or two. We find the quarter bins and trawl for gems. replica Omega 3576.5 Men's Watch Some do this as collectors, looking for rare items that can flip for high dollars on eBay. I've never done that. I'm a reader and I enjoy the promise that some forgotten comic from the 90s or 80s or whenever might be a great read… and I've enjoyed the quest to find the issues that go around it, to complete the story.

The iPad, with its digital downloads, has the ability to offer reams of forgotten comics and sell them to us comics readers cheap.The iPad, with its digital downloads, has the ability to offer reams of forgotten comics and sell them to us comics replica Omega 3507.51.00 Men's Watch readers cheap. Unfortunately, that's not what Comics and its competing apps do. They make a broad but shallow pool of content available — little from the 80s, even less from the decades before — and all for prices you have to think twice about.

Shopping for comics on the iPad should feel risk-free. I can type in Keith Giffen's name and see if the great super-hero comics writer has some old classic I didn't know existed and buy all the issues. I don't want to hesitate. But when I start developing a taste for the writing of a guy named Nick Spencer and can only find some half-finished replica Omega 3211.31 Men's Watch mini-series that cost $2 and bear no indication in the app shop if the rest of the issues will ever come out, all I see is risk. It's easy to stay away.I want to buy wacky old Superman comics from the 50s on my iPad. I want to buy the full Brian Michael Bendis Daredevil run for a reasonable price. I don't see these options.

没有评论:

发表评论